That said, we thought we’d pull together some basic Q&A - based on questions we’ve gotten in the past from our users:
Who owns the copyright to my writing?
Why does Xanga ask for a “license” to display my Content?
Because you own the copyright on all of your Content, we have to ask your permission to display it. With this license, you are giving us permission to display your Content anywhere on the Xanga system, including your own site. By giving us this license, you also enable us to give you many of the features that keep you connected to the community, such as:
- Sending you the latest posts from your favorite Xanga Sites in your subscription emails
- Gathering and displaying the latest posts from your favorite xanga sites on your own “Sites I Read” page
- Displaying posts from any Xanga member on “Featured Content” pages.
Does this license let Xanga turn my site into a book and sell it?
- Displaying, distributing and promoting Your Xanga Site
- Promoting and marketing Xanga’s products and services and general operation of the Xanga Service
- Promoting and marketing the products and services of Xanga’s partners and affiliates
- Promoting and marketing products and services related to your Content.
The license does not include the right to incorporate your Content into a book.
If Xanga sees an opportunity to make money selling reproductions or derivations of your Content directly to individual consumers, we’d love to have you participate and make some money! Of course, if you’d rather not make any money off your Content, Xanga respects your right to refuse any request to use your Content in this manner.
Does this license apply to all the Content I submit to Xanga?
This license applies to any Content that is posted by you on the Xanga system.